We are so excited to announce Complete Therapy Group will be offering an evidence-based group treatment program for young adults with Autism Disorder, as well as other neurodevelopmental disorders and social challenges.
Program for the Education and Enrichment of Relational Skills (PEERS®) for Young Adults (Ages 18-35) is a 16-week evidence-based social skills intervention for motivated young adults, who are interested in learning skills to make and keep friends and develop romantic relationships. During each group session, young adults are taught important social skills and are given the opportunity to practice these skills.
Parents/Carers for young adults also attend separate sessions with a social coach. Parents/Carers are taught how to assist young adults in making and keeping friends by providing feedback during weekly socialization homework assignments.
Topics of Instruction:
- How to use appropriate conversational skills
- How to choose appropriate friends
- How to appropriately use electronic forms of communication
- How to appropriately use humor and assess humor feedback
- How to start, enter, and exit conversations between peers
- How to organize successful get-togethers with friends
- How to develop romantic relationships and use appropriate dating etiquette
- How to handle arguments and disagreements with friends and in relationships
- How to handle rejection, teasing, bullying, and rumors/gossip
Please fill in the form below to express your interest. Program anticipated to commence Term 3, 2020.